Special webinar on how the Feed the Future Gender-Sensitive Climate-Smart Agriculture for Nutrition (GCAN) initiative aims to support USAID on the new Global Food Security Strategy.
Participants were able to weigh in on the draft framework, share insights on the intersection of these three themes based on their experience, and identify critical research gaps that IFPRI can address to support the work they are doing.
The AGRILINKS session aimed to:
- Introduction to the US. Government Global Food Security Strategy 2017-2021: Meredith Soule, USAID
- Introduce the G-CAN initiative: Claudia Ringler, IFPRI
- Provide an overview of key knowledge gaps across climate change, nutrition and gender linkages globally and with insights from Zambia: Tim Thomas, IFPRI; Jessica Fanzo, Johns Hopkins University; Elizabeth Bryan, IFPRI
- Get feedback from the AgriLinks community on the proposed framework across climate change, gender and nutrition: Elizabeth Bryan
- Q&A on the research needs of the development community in terms on these intersections: Claudia Ringler